The Dayton Grammar School, now the Dayton Museum, was built in 1865 and is the oldest school structure in Nevada still located at its original site.
Shady Lane at Logan
Old Town Dayton
Our historic Museum is located in Dayton's 1865 schoolhouse and is operated by the
Historical Society of Dayton Valley.
The museum opened for the year on March 4th and 5th. Until November our hours are Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm and Sunday
from 1 pm to 4 pm. We are also always happy to make appointments to open the museum or for tours.
In May, in celebration of Nevada Historic Preservation and Archaeological Awareness month, the museum is also open weekdays from 11 am to 3 pm.
Admission is free.
For information or appointments, or to volunteer,
call 775-246-3527 or 775-461-3829
or email Museum Curator or President.
Click here for
HSDV Membership Application
2016 HSDV Officers and Directors
President: Gloria Manning
Vice President: Stony Tennant
Secretary: Mabel Masterman
Treasurer: Lynne Ballatore
Directors: Linda Clements, Phyllis King, and Julie Lucero
Ex-Officio Board Members
Historian: Laura Tennant
Museum Curator: Patrick Neylan
Other Contacts of Interest
Firehouse/Jail Docent: Mabel Masterman
Webmaster: Linda Clements
Railroad Depot Committee:
Chair: Lynne Ballatore
Manager of Operations: Jerry Van Loo
Program Manager for Depot Restoration and for Depot Usage:
(Email Railroad or call 246-0505 for information or tours.)
For more information:
By phone: (775) 461-3829 or (775) 246-4457,
or (775) 246-3870
By email: President or Vice President